Skip to content
- Use puppets and other props to encourage listening and responding when singing a familiar song or reading from a story book.
- Encourage children to learn one another’s names and to pronounce them correctly.
- Ensure all practitioners can pronounce the names of children, parents and other practitioners.
- Find out parents’ preferred names for themselves and their children.
- Where possible minimise background noise and visual distractions in the environment, and ensure spaces are separated enough for children to listen to each other.
- Encourage talk in all spaces, both indoors and outdoors.