Skip to content
- Builds relationships with special people but may show anxiety in the presence of strangers
- Is becoming more able to separate from their close carers and explore new situations with support and encouragement from another familiar adult
- Shows some understanding that other people have perspectives, ideas and needs that are different to theirs, e.g. may turn a book to face you so you can see it
- Shows empathy and concern for people who are special to them by partially matching others’ feelings with their own, e.g. may offer a child a toy they know they like
- Is beginning to be able to cooperate in favourable situations, such as with familiar people and environments and when free from anxiety.
- Seeks out others to share experiences with and may choose to play with a familiar friend or a child who has similar interest.